Skip to main content

Jessie's Autumn Tour


WooHoo!  Autumn is absolutely my favorite season. I just love the brilliant colors that drip from each piece of God's handiwork.  I've been busier than a bee cozyin' up my nest for the winter months ahead. Come take a peak at some of the things I've done.


Don't forget to leave me a comment... I would love to be inspired and hear what creative ideas you've come up with. 

 

 






Behind this table was a picture that didn't quiet go with my fall decor so I wrapped it with burlap.  Tied the corners with raffia and strung berries along the top and down one side.

 
My daughter and I made these pillows out of burlap.  Simple and inexpensive.  A great way to spruce up a room for the seasons.


By adding a few berries and picks above your cabinetry, fall will visit your kitchen within minutes.







Even the powder room gets a dusting of Autumn.  With homemade pumpkin spice soap displayed on a beautiful leaf platter.  And a hand towel wrapped in raffia secured with a maple leaf.





  Wrapping a candle with leaves or berries brings instant change.


As I said, autumn has always been my favorite season. I think it's because it displays such warmth, togetherness and an all around comfortable atmosphere. The fresh, crisp, chilly, air...the tantalizing scents of cinnamon, cloves, and ginger. Pumpkins, gourds, and scarecrows they make my heart smile.  Pie. We can not forget about the pie! Pecan please!!!

I love listening to the pitter patter of rain drops dancing across the window panes. Or the rustling leaves singing their final song as the wind howls through them, and they gracefully glide to the ground. Nestled in a blanket amongst the others that have fallen before.

Since fall ushers in cooler weather (and everyone will be indoors most of the time now) I try and make my home as comfortable and inviting as possible. In the morning I throw open the windows and welcome the new day. Next, I turn on some soothing music and light a yummy candle that creates a welcoming mood (right now, I'm burning a Carmel latte. For all you coffee lovers...It's heaven in a jar).


When I'm able to steal a few moments for myself, you'll find me curled up on our comfy leather chaise wrapped in a snuggie with a good book, a cup of apple cinnamon tea (kissed with a drop of honey), and a old black dog curled at my feet. Calmed by the flickering candle light, listening to my children's innocent laughter, and the aroma of freshly baked pumpkin bread sifting through the house...Ahhhhh what could be better?


 Hope y'all will join me next time.

Until then... remember... take time to enjoy the simple moments of life.
Jessie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Judgment Loomed

As I exited the door my heart was pierced with their animosity.  Hatred and poison spewed from their lips. The savage mob encircled me with no escape.  Screaming just a breath away from my face.  Shoving with such force I was almost knocked to the ground.  Humiliated.  Tears streamed down my cheeks as I pushed through the violence.  Once inside my car I began to weep.   Even in the present their vile words reel through my mind.  Beads of sweat began to form in my tightly clinched fists.  Squirming in my chair... biting my lower lip as an attempt to hold it together.  Peering above the Pastor's head as though I was looking at him... knowing if I did I would burst into tears.  That was my experience at church this past Sunday.  To my relief the Pastor spoke words of love, life and truth NOT condemnation.  Healing and refreshing. ...

Farewell Mr. Turkey

It's time to roll up our sleeves and have some fun in the kitchen!  I can't wait for the scrumptious aroma of Thanksgiving dinner to travel through my home like a welcomed guest.  Mmmmm...yummy!  My mouth is waterin' just thinkin' about it. I get a lot of requests for recipes so here are a few that seem to earn a coveted spot on the menu year after year. Gingered Pumpkin-Pear Soup (Great Appetizer) 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger 1Tbsp. butter 3 pears, peeled, cored, and sliced 1 15-oz. can pumpkin (fresh pumpkin is best) 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth 1 cup milk 1/4 cup sour cream 1/2 tsp. finely shredded lime peel 1 Tbsp. lime juice In a large saucepan cook onion and ginger in butter until onion is tender.  Stir in pears; cook 1 minute more.  Stir in pumpkin and broth; heat to boiling.  Reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 5 minutes or until pears are tender.  Cool slightly.  In...

A New Chapter

It seems like yesterday... I can still remember the moment his bare skin pressed against my chest.  With limbs too exhausted to move - still they found their way to envelope this tiny gift.  "Hi baby, I'm your mom."  With the sound of my voice his face turned to meet mine.  Deep, genuine eyes peered into my soul.  Doctors rushed about as I lay on the table, life draining from my veins, but the atmosphere did not speak of the danger lurking.  For just a moment... as that little guy locked me into his gaze.. all was perfect...Heaven met us both... and in our own world two hearts melted into one.   The room was quiet.  Doctors, family and friends had finally left us alone.  This was the moment I had been waiting for.  Yet I was terrified - terrified that I would fail him.  In silence I sat, fixated on the clear plastic basket that held my heart.  My breath heaved heavy as I pic...