Skip to main content

I Need A Silent Night

I've made the same mistake before
Too many malls, too many stores
December traffic 
Christmas rush
It breaks me till I push and shove
Children are crying
While mother's are trying
To photograph Santa and sleigh
The shopping and buying and standing forever in line
What can I say?

I need a silent night
A holy night
To hear an angel voice
Through the chaos and the noise
I need a midnight clear
A little peace right here
To end this crazy day
With a silent night

December comes, then disappears
Faster and faster every year 
Did my own mother keep this pace
Or was the world a different place?
Where people stayed home wishing for snow 
Watching three channels on their TV
Look at us now rushin' around
Tryin' to buy Christmas peace

I need a silent night
A holy night
To hear an angel voice
Through the chaos and the noise
I need a midnight clear
A little peace right here
To end this crazy day
With a silent night

What was it like back there in Bethlehem
With peace on earth, good will toward men?

Every shepherd's out in the field
Keeping watch over their flock by night
And the glory of the Lord shone around them
And they were so afraid
And the angels said
"Fear not for behold I bring you good news Of a great joy that shall be for all people
For unto you is born this day a Savior
Who is Christ the Lord
And his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Prince of Peace"

I need a silent night
A holy night
To hear an angel voice
Through the chaos and the noise
I need a midnight clear
A little peace right here
To end this crazy day
With a silent night
To end this crazy day
With a silent night -Amy Grant-


Until then... Jessie

Comments

  1. Absolutely love the new background! What a wonderful song.. Amen. We serve an incredible God! Thank you for your encouragement. Hugs back to you and have a truly beautiful and wonderful Christmas. <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Judgment Loomed

As I exited the door my heart was pierced with their animosity.  Hatred and poison spewed from their lips. The savage mob encircled me with no escape.  Screaming just a breath away from my face.  Shoving with such force I was almost knocked to the ground.  Humiliated.  Tears streamed down my cheeks as I pushed through the violence.  Once inside my car I began to weep.   Even in the present their vile words reel through my mind.  Beads of sweat began to form in my tightly clinched fists.  Squirming in my chair... biting my lower lip as an attempt to hold it together.  Peering above the Pastor's head as though I was looking at him... knowing if I did I would burst into tears.  That was my experience at church this past Sunday.  To my relief the Pastor spoke words of love, life and truth NOT condemnation.  Healing and refreshing. ...

Farewell Mr. Turkey

It's time to roll up our sleeves and have some fun in the kitchen!  I can't wait for the scrumptious aroma of Thanksgiving dinner to travel through my home like a welcomed guest.  Mmmmm...yummy!  My mouth is waterin' just thinkin' about it. I get a lot of requests for recipes so here are a few that seem to earn a coveted spot on the menu year after year. Gingered Pumpkin-Pear Soup (Great Appetizer) 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger 1Tbsp. butter 3 pears, peeled, cored, and sliced 1 15-oz. can pumpkin (fresh pumpkin is best) 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth 1 cup milk 1/4 cup sour cream 1/2 tsp. finely shredded lime peel 1 Tbsp. lime juice In a large saucepan cook onion and ginger in butter until onion is tender.  Stir in pears; cook 1 minute more.  Stir in pumpkin and broth; heat to boiling.  Reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 5 minutes or until pears are tender.  Cool slightly.  In...

A New Chapter

It seems like yesterday... I can still remember the moment his bare skin pressed against my chest.  With limbs too exhausted to move - still they found their way to envelope this tiny gift.  "Hi baby, I'm your mom."  With the sound of my voice his face turned to meet mine.  Deep, genuine eyes peered into my soul.  Doctors rushed about as I lay on the table, life draining from my veins, but the atmosphere did not speak of the danger lurking.  For just a moment... as that little guy locked me into his gaze.. all was perfect...Heaven met us both... and in our own world two hearts melted into one.   The room was quiet.  Doctors, family and friends had finally left us alone.  This was the moment I had been waiting for.  Yet I was terrified - terrified that I would fail him.  In silence I sat, fixated on the clear plastic basket that held my heart.  My breath heaved heavy as I pic...