Skip to main content

Decadent Desserts

Hi y'all!  Valentine's Day is creepin' up so I thought I would share two of my favorite desserts for this time of year.  Chocolate.  Chocolate.  And more chocolate.  Mmmmmm...Delicious!!!

Danish Torte

3 egg whites 
1/2 teaspoon cream of tarter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup finely ground pecans

Cover two baking sheets with aluminum foil; draw an 8 inch circle in the center of each cookie sheet.  Beat egg whites with cream of tarter in large bowl until foamy.  Beat in sugar 1 tablespoon at a time on high speed; beat 2-3 minutes until stiff and glossy peaks form.  Fold in pecans.  Divide meringue onto cookie sheets; spread evenly smoothing tops and edges.  Bake in 275 degree preheated oven for 45 minutes.  Halfway through baking time, reverse position of baking sheets both horizontally and front to back.  Bake as close to the center of oven as possible.  After 45 minutes of baking time turn oven off.  Leave in oven with door closed for 45minutes longer.  Cool baking sheets to room temperature.

2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
3/4 cup Chocolate Syrup
1 teaspoon Vanilla

Beat cream in medium bowl until very stiff; fold in syrup and vanilla.  Gently loosen meringue from foil with a log thin spatula.  If it sticks; dip spatula in hot water.  Place one meringue on cake plate; spread with half of the chocolate cream pushing it right to the edge.  Top with second  meringue, pushing down lightly to anchor.  Top with remaining chocolate cream; swirling into hills and valleys.  Garnish with chocolate curls and a sprig of fresh mint.  Freeze for 6 hours.  To serve let thaw for about 15-20 minutes just until softened.

*Hint*  If meringue breaks into pieces don't panic.  Arrange pieces on plate and top with cream. Once all the chocolate cream is in place and it is frozen know one will know. =)


Oreo Truffles

1pkg. Oreos
1 8ounce pkg. Cream Cheese
2 8 ounce pkgs. Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, melted

Crush 9 of the cookies to fine crumbs; reserve for later use.  Crush remaining cookies to fine crumbs; place in medium bowl.  Add cream cheese; mix until well blended.  Roll mixture into 42 balls about 1 inch in diameter.  Dip balls in melted chocolate; place on wax paper-covered baking sheet.  Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.  Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.

Enjoy!

Until then...
Jessie 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Judgment Loomed

As I exited the door my heart was pierced with their animosity.  Hatred and poison spewed from their lips. The savage mob encircled me with no escape.  Screaming just a breath away from my face.  Shoving with such force I was almost knocked to the ground.  Humiliated.  Tears streamed down my cheeks as I pushed through the violence.  Once inside my car I began to weep.   Even in the present their vile words reel through my mind.  Beads of sweat began to form in my tightly clinched fists.  Squirming in my chair... biting my lower lip as an attempt to hold it together.  Peering above the Pastor's head as though I was looking at him... knowing if I did I would burst into tears.  That was my experience at church this past Sunday.  To my relief the Pastor spoke words of love, life and truth NOT condemnation.  Healing and refreshing. ...

Farewell Mr. Turkey

It's time to roll up our sleeves and have some fun in the kitchen!  I can't wait for the scrumptious aroma of Thanksgiving dinner to travel through my home like a welcomed guest.  Mmmmm...yummy!  My mouth is waterin' just thinkin' about it. I get a lot of requests for recipes so here are a few that seem to earn a coveted spot on the menu year after year. Gingered Pumpkin-Pear Soup (Great Appetizer) 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger 1Tbsp. butter 3 pears, peeled, cored, and sliced 1 15-oz. can pumpkin (fresh pumpkin is best) 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth 1 cup milk 1/4 cup sour cream 1/2 tsp. finely shredded lime peel 1 Tbsp. lime juice In a large saucepan cook onion and ginger in butter until onion is tender.  Stir in pears; cook 1 minute more.  Stir in pumpkin and broth; heat to boiling.  Reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 5 minutes or until pears are tender.  Cool slightly.  In...

A New Chapter

It seems like yesterday... I can still remember the moment his bare skin pressed against my chest.  With limbs too exhausted to move - still they found their way to envelope this tiny gift.  "Hi baby, I'm your mom."  With the sound of my voice his face turned to meet mine.  Deep, genuine eyes peered into my soul.  Doctors rushed about as I lay on the table, life draining from my veins, but the atmosphere did not speak of the danger lurking.  For just a moment... as that little guy locked me into his gaze.. all was perfect...Heaven met us both... and in our own world two hearts melted into one.   The room was quiet.  Doctors, family and friends had finally left us alone.  This was the moment I had been waiting for.  Yet I was terrified - terrified that I would fail him.  In silence I sat, fixated on the clear plastic basket that held my heart.  My breath heaved heavy as I pic...