Skip to main content

Answered Prayers

God always answers our prayers...perhaps not the way we would like...maybe not in our time...but there is always an answer.

Many of you know that our oldest daughter Ally has been struggling with her faith for some time now.  She was angry.  Angry with Christians.  She was hurt by what she saw...and to be honest... I can't blame her.  What she saw was ugly. 

As her eyes witnessed more and more she decided there was no God. 

You get one life.
Then you die.
So live it up.
Was her motto. 

It was difficult to watch her walk through this journey.  Many times I wanted to step in...control...but I knew it had to be her choice... not mine.  As a family we cried out to God.  He was relentless in His pursuit but her heart hardened more.  We kept praying

This past week had been a long one filled with pressures, stress and drama.  My husband and I...well...we got into a BIG fight.  You know - the kind where you want to reach out and touch someone - touch them by ringing their scrawny neck.  We did work things out and all was good by Saturday evening but we were exhausted.  The last thing that either of us wanted to do on Sunday was go to church.  To make matters worse we have not had a church home for over a year now, so we were not going to some place familiar but once again visiting.  I literally had to peel my flesh from the sheets and order my steps to the shower.  I know - not the best attitude.  However, we made it - early - a miracle.

My bad attitude was quickly changed and things were put into perspective when my husband pulled me out of the service.  I barley turned the corner when Ally blurted out that she had accepted Jesus as her Savior!  Tears streamed down her face and the rest of us busted out bawling.  My heart could not have been happier.  I just want to say THANK YOU to all our family and friends that have been praying!

I love my little girl and I am SO proud of the amazing young lady she is becoming.  That never changed...whether she believed in God or not.  But knowing now that she has the truth, and that is what will guide her through this life gives me great joy and peace.


 What I was reminded of is: sometimes we go through the darkest times right before God is going to do something big in our life or in the lives of those we love.  I hope that encourages you... if your life is turned upside down right now...things seem hopeless...hang on...you never know what tomorrow may hold.  God is bigger than any obstacle.

Until then...
Jessie 

Comments

  1. I am so thrilled that Ally has Jesus now! I love you kiddo...you mean the world to grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such great news! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Judgment Loomed

As I exited the door my heart was pierced with their animosity.  Hatred and poison spewed from their lips. The savage mob encircled me with no escape.  Screaming just a breath away from my face.  Shoving with such force I was almost knocked to the ground.  Humiliated.  Tears streamed down my cheeks as I pushed through the violence.  Once inside my car I began to weep.   Even in the present their vile words reel through my mind.  Beads of sweat began to form in my tightly clinched fists.  Squirming in my chair... biting my lower lip as an attempt to hold it together.  Peering above the Pastor's head as though I was looking at him... knowing if I did I would burst into tears.  That was my experience at church this past Sunday.  To my relief the Pastor spoke words of love, life and truth NOT condemnation.  Healing and refreshing. ...

Farewell Mr. Turkey

It's time to roll up our sleeves and have some fun in the kitchen!  I can't wait for the scrumptious aroma of Thanksgiving dinner to travel through my home like a welcomed guest.  Mmmmm...yummy!  My mouth is waterin' just thinkin' about it. I get a lot of requests for recipes so here are a few that seem to earn a coveted spot on the menu year after year. Gingered Pumpkin-Pear Soup (Great Appetizer) 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger 1Tbsp. butter 3 pears, peeled, cored, and sliced 1 15-oz. can pumpkin (fresh pumpkin is best) 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth 1 cup milk 1/4 cup sour cream 1/2 tsp. finely shredded lime peel 1 Tbsp. lime juice In a large saucepan cook onion and ginger in butter until onion is tender.  Stir in pears; cook 1 minute more.  Stir in pumpkin and broth; heat to boiling.  Reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 5 minutes or until pears are tender.  Cool slightly.  In...

A New Chapter

It seems like yesterday... I can still remember the moment his bare skin pressed against my chest.  With limbs too exhausted to move - still they found their way to envelope this tiny gift.  "Hi baby, I'm your mom."  With the sound of my voice his face turned to meet mine.  Deep, genuine eyes peered into my soul.  Doctors rushed about as I lay on the table, life draining from my veins, but the atmosphere did not speak of the danger lurking.  For just a moment... as that little guy locked me into his gaze.. all was perfect...Heaven met us both... and in our own world two hearts melted into one.   The room was quiet.  Doctors, family and friends had finally left us alone.  This was the moment I had been waiting for.  Yet I was terrified - terrified that I would fail him.  In silence I sat, fixated on the clear plastic basket that held my heart.  My breath heaved heavy as I pic...