Skip to main content

Cozy Up

Hey y'all it's been a long time...

I don't know about you, but 'round here it seems like October has just flown by.  I haven't blogged once this month! I can't wait for things to slow down.  We've been so busy with construction, school, and canning there hasn't been much time for anything else.  I keep telling myself it's just for a season.  I'm trying to be thankful for each moment instead of being overwhelmed...sometimes.. that's a hard thing to do. =)

Tomorrow will be a big day for us!  We're supposed to wake to our first substantial snowfall of the season.  The kids couldn't be more thrilled.  Of course, this drastic change in weather meant lots of preparation for today.  Making up some yummy treats was top of the list. =)  We attempted to prepare the yard for winter although we didn't quite finish. *sigh*  However we did get school done, clean all the animal pens, pick up the house, dig out all the winter coats, scarves, gloves and snow suites.  Finally, we made a delicious soup that is simmering away for tomorrow evening.  I'm sure the warm liquid will be a welcomed change from the bitter cold...and what would a snowy night be without a slice of scrumptious pumpkin bread?  All we need now is some homemade hot coco, fuzzy socks and LOTS of laughter.

Hope y'all stay safe and warm.

Until then...
Jessie 

Comments

  1. That sounds so nice, your plans for soup and pumpkin bread. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Judgment Loomed

As I exited the door my heart was pierced with their animosity.  Hatred and poison spewed from their lips. The savage mob encircled me with no escape.  Screaming just a breath away from my face.  Shoving with such force I was almost knocked to the ground.  Humiliated.  Tears streamed down my cheeks as I pushed through the violence.  Once inside my car I began to weep.   Even in the present their vile words reel through my mind.  Beads of sweat began to form in my tightly clinched fists.  Squirming in my chair... biting my lower lip as an attempt to hold it together.  Peering above the Pastor's head as though I was looking at him... knowing if I did I would burst into tears.  That was my experience at church this past Sunday.  To my relief the Pastor spoke words of love, life and truth NOT condemnation.  Healing and refreshing. ...

Farewell Mr. Turkey

It's time to roll up our sleeves and have some fun in the kitchen!  I can't wait for the scrumptious aroma of Thanksgiving dinner to travel through my home like a welcomed guest.  Mmmmm...yummy!  My mouth is waterin' just thinkin' about it. I get a lot of requests for recipes so here are a few that seem to earn a coveted spot on the menu year after year. Gingered Pumpkin-Pear Soup (Great Appetizer) 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger 1Tbsp. butter 3 pears, peeled, cored, and sliced 1 15-oz. can pumpkin (fresh pumpkin is best) 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth 1 cup milk 1/4 cup sour cream 1/2 tsp. finely shredded lime peel 1 Tbsp. lime juice In a large saucepan cook onion and ginger in butter until onion is tender.  Stir in pears; cook 1 minute more.  Stir in pumpkin and broth; heat to boiling.  Reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 5 minutes or until pears are tender.  Cool slightly.  In...

Surprise...Surprise

Wow.  It has been a  VERY  exciting morning!!!  A huge smile spread across my face as I cracked open the barn door and three new babies peeked out to greet me.  Triplets.  Soooo sweet!!  Oh.. baby goats have just stolen my heart... everything about them is pure cuteness.  My stress level has decreased tremendously now that they're all here safely, and Sally is doing great.  We now have 5 babies (4 girls and 1 boy) and two very proud mamas!  Well...three if you count me...  Sally and her kids  Oreo Emma Fudge    Unfortunately, I couldn't spend much time playing with our new additions.  We had an appointment with the  vet so we piled in the car and headed off.  The first round of baby goats needed to be dibudded (have their horns removed) and have the first round of vaccines.  Our trip was not a pleasant experience for me or my poor little goats.  Although t...