Skip to main content

Enjoy Every Moment

 How are all of you?  We've been canning and canning and more canning at the Lutz farm but in just a few days we should be done.  =) Woohoooo!  I can't wait to just sit back, relax and enjoy this fall season...it's my favorite time of year you know.  Even with all the busyness that surrounds we've been enjoying life though.  My most treasured gift this week, was celebrating my baby girl's birthday!  I can't believe she's already 7!  Time slips by so quickly...doesn't it?  A moment is just a moment...then it's gone forever.  I know we're entering in upon the holiday season and very soon life will be full of craziness.  I just want to encourage you - don't forget to slow down, take time to breathe, remember what...or who... is REALLY important.  Enjoy life...you only get one chance.






3 Gifts Ugly - Beautiful 
Fighting with my husband
Being wrong
Words that sting

A Gift Fixed, Folded, Freckled
Restored relationship
Clean crisp laundry
My spunky little red head

3 Gifts in Conversation
Understanding hearts
Laughter and healing
The precious words "I love you, mommy."

3 Gifts in Salvation
I am His child
I am always loved and forgiven
I am blessed

3 Gifts in Information
Wisdom to change
A heart filled with understanding and compassion
The chance to love well

A Gift Rattling, Receding, Reclaiming 
A blown coil-pack
Veil of protection
Our Friendship

3 Gifts Quiet
Sunday afternoon naps
Chilly fall mornings
Conversations between me and God

Until then...
Jessie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Judgment Loomed

As I exited the door my heart was pierced with their animosity.  Hatred and poison spewed from their lips. The savage mob encircled me with no escape.  Screaming just a breath away from my face.  Shoving with such force I was almost knocked to the ground.  Humiliated.  Tears streamed down my cheeks as I pushed through the violence.  Once inside my car I began to weep.   Even in the present their vile words reel through my mind.  Beads of sweat began to form in my tightly clinched fists.  Squirming in my chair... biting my lower lip as an attempt to hold it together.  Peering above the Pastor's head as though I was looking at him... knowing if I did I would burst into tears.  That was my experience at church this past Sunday.  To my relief the Pastor spoke words of love, life and truth NOT condemnation.  Healing and refreshing. ...

Farewell Mr. Turkey

It's time to roll up our sleeves and have some fun in the kitchen!  I can't wait for the scrumptious aroma of Thanksgiving dinner to travel through my home like a welcomed guest.  Mmmmm...yummy!  My mouth is waterin' just thinkin' about it. I get a lot of requests for recipes so here are a few that seem to earn a coveted spot on the menu year after year. Gingered Pumpkin-Pear Soup (Great Appetizer) 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger 1Tbsp. butter 3 pears, peeled, cored, and sliced 1 15-oz. can pumpkin (fresh pumpkin is best) 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth 1 cup milk 1/4 cup sour cream 1/2 tsp. finely shredded lime peel 1 Tbsp. lime juice In a large saucepan cook onion and ginger in butter until onion is tender.  Stir in pears; cook 1 minute more.  Stir in pumpkin and broth; heat to boiling.  Reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 5 minutes or until pears are tender.  Cool slightly.  In...

Surprise...Surprise

Wow.  It has been a  VERY  exciting morning!!!  A huge smile spread across my face as I cracked open the barn door and three new babies peeked out to greet me.  Triplets.  Soooo sweet!!  Oh.. baby goats have just stolen my heart... everything about them is pure cuteness.  My stress level has decreased tremendously now that they're all here safely, and Sally is doing great.  We now have 5 babies (4 girls and 1 boy) and two very proud mamas!  Well...three if you count me...  Sally and her kids  Oreo Emma Fudge    Unfortunately, I couldn't spend much time playing with our new additions.  We had an appointment with the  vet so we piled in the car and headed off.  The first round of baby goats needed to be dibudded (have their horns removed) and have the first round of vaccines.  Our trip was not a pleasant experience for me or my poor little goats.  Although t...