Skip to main content

Soak In Grace

Hey everyone!  I hope y'all had a wonderful week.  It's been busy 'round here.  Canning season has begun, and right now I'm drowning in a sea of peaches!  I'm thankful for all the yummy food... but I'll be pleased when it's done and I can sit back and enjoy the changing seasons.  How about you...have you started any canning?

Well, last week I wrote a post about Ann's joy dare for September if you haven't read it yet you can find it here http://riseandswine-withjessie.blogspot.com/2012/09/ugly-into-beauty.html 

I knew the minute I decided to take the challenge I was asking for trouble.  Sure enough, anything that could go wrong did.  However, each time I was frustrated or discouraged I would remember the gifts I wrote down and it put a smile on my face.  If you've decided to do this challenge with me I hope you've been blessed as well.  AND - if you are keeping a journal of your gifts please share them...it would encourage so many.  Lets start being a people that live with praise and thanksgiving all the time.  Complaining doesn't help anyone.

3 Gifts Yellow 
A dried sunflower that was given to me by my sunshine
Butter dolloped potatoes
Summer days filled with yellow rays

Cool, Warm, Sun-soaked 
A tall glass of southern sweet tea
His strong arms wrapped around my frame
Their freckled faces

3 Gifts Autumn
Days spent at the farm
Fallen leaves
The cool night air

3 Gifts Growing
Children that now grow taller than me with each passing day
Swelled bellies filled with juicy red raspberries
Mother/Daughter relationships that grows deeper with each season

3 Gifts Given
His time
The service of my third child
Pretty pictures laid upon my pillow

Made, Masked, Marveled
Golden peach jam
The loss of my wedding ring
God's unending love

3 Gifts Framed
Our wedding vows
Magical moments of time
Puzzle pieces of my life that line up perfectly within His frame and timing


Until then...
Jessie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Judgment Loomed

As I exited the door my heart was pierced with their animosity.  Hatred and poison spewed from their lips. The savage mob encircled me with no escape.  Screaming just a breath away from my face.  Shoving with such force I was almost knocked to the ground.  Humiliated.  Tears streamed down my cheeks as I pushed through the violence.  Once inside my car I began to weep.   Even in the present their vile words reel through my mind.  Beads of sweat began to form in my tightly clinched fists.  Squirming in my chair... biting my lower lip as an attempt to hold it together.  Peering above the Pastor's head as though I was looking at him... knowing if I did I would burst into tears.  That was my experience at church this past Sunday.  To my relief the Pastor spoke words of love, life and truth NOT condemnation.  Healing and refreshing. ...

Farewell Mr. Turkey

It's time to roll up our sleeves and have some fun in the kitchen!  I can't wait for the scrumptious aroma of Thanksgiving dinner to travel through my home like a welcomed guest.  Mmmmm...yummy!  My mouth is waterin' just thinkin' about it. I get a lot of requests for recipes so here are a few that seem to earn a coveted spot on the menu year after year. Gingered Pumpkin-Pear Soup (Great Appetizer) 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger 1Tbsp. butter 3 pears, peeled, cored, and sliced 1 15-oz. can pumpkin (fresh pumpkin is best) 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth 1 cup milk 1/4 cup sour cream 1/2 tsp. finely shredded lime peel 1 Tbsp. lime juice In a large saucepan cook onion and ginger in butter until onion is tender.  Stir in pears; cook 1 minute more.  Stir in pumpkin and broth; heat to boiling.  Reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 5 minutes or until pears are tender.  Cool slightly.  In...

A New Chapter

It seems like yesterday... I can still remember the moment his bare skin pressed against my chest.  With limbs too exhausted to move - still they found their way to envelope this tiny gift.  "Hi baby, I'm your mom."  With the sound of my voice his face turned to meet mine.  Deep, genuine eyes peered into my soul.  Doctors rushed about as I lay on the table, life draining from my veins, but the atmosphere did not speak of the danger lurking.  For just a moment... as that little guy locked me into his gaze.. all was perfect...Heaven met us both... and in our own world two hearts melted into one.   The room was quiet.  Doctors, family and friends had finally left us alone.  This was the moment I had been waiting for.  Yet I was terrified - terrified that I would fail him.  In silence I sat, fixated on the clear plastic basket that held my heart.  My breath heaved heavy as I pic...