Skip to main content

Wake Up

I only have one hour.  I know this...only one hour of quiet while I wait for her ballet lesson to get over.  The blank page stares back at me with the same emptiness that has seized my mind.  In less than 48 hours I'll be speaking to a room full of teen girls.  Hurting girls.  My session: The lies we believe and the TRUTH of God.  I have nothing.  Nothing.  Not one word.  It's not that I don't understand the topic.  It's that I understand it all too well.  I've believed more of  Satan's lies than I would ever care to admit.  My mind is spinning.  I'm exhausted but most of all...I'm fearful.

Fear of public speaking?  No.  I LOVE speaking and teaching...it's what God has called me to do...I know this without any doubt.  The problem is I've allowed myself to be intimidated about teaching.  I know the words spoken were lies, still a few of those lies took up residence within my heart.  Now I'm scared.  Funny how God works - I'm speaking about uncovering lies and holding onto truth.  And here I am uncovering lies.  That's what I love most about speaking/teaching...I'm always the first to be taught.

Underneath the maple, in this one hour of silence, I have this conversation with God.  I have nothing...if He doesn't show up I'm in trouble.  I know I can't do this on my own.  Ink begins to scrawl upon the page and moments later I'm finished.  I know what God wants me to tell them. 

The rest of the hour I sit back in my seat and think of the instruments that have been used to get me here.  The last few years have been tough, but Jesus has been in relentless pursuit of my heart and He has used many of you to speak into my life.  I'm not even sure if you know what an impact you've made but I want to say thank you.

Thank you, mom for being my constant encourager and loving me unconditionally.

Karla, Jaya, Michelle, Jennifer, Trish, Lois, Erika, Tresa and Karen each one of you, has either provided an opportunity, encouraged or spoken truth that sometimes was not easy.  I didn't always like hearing what you had to say.  To be honest, most of the time I would have preferred laying under the blanket of self pity.  Yet you were faithful to be my friends and speak into my heart.

To my daughter Ally, thank you for being honest and caring enough to tell me to knock it off and do what God has called me to do.  Your words hit deepest.  You are one of my most precious gifts...I love you more than you will ever understand.

To my best friend, my husband, you know my heart more than any other...still....you believe in me.  Still... you tell me to go.  You've always encouraged me to use the gifts God has given me.  Your support means so much!  I love you!

Again thank you!  Please keep praying for me, the other speakers and group leaders and all the girls.  There will be victory in many lives this weekend...chains have broken from my feet already.  And know that even though God has chosen my mouth to do the speaking this time, the rewards are yours as well.

Time is short.  Maybe, you've been stuck like me.  Wake up.  Get up.  Go.  Do what God has called you to do!

Until then...
Jessie

Comments

  1. I love you Jessie! Can't wait to hear what God does!! I'll be praying :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Judgment Loomed

As I exited the door my heart was pierced with their animosity.  Hatred and poison spewed from their lips.  Murderer!  Whore!  Baby killer!  You'll rot in Hell for what you did!  Over and over...  The savage mob encircled me with no escape.  Screaming just a breath away from my face.  Shoving with such force I was almost knocked to the ground.  They spat in my hair.  Humiliated.  Tears streamed down my cheeks as I pushed through the violence.  Once inside my car I began to weep.   Even in the present their vile words reel through my mind.  Beads of sweat began to form in my tightly clinched fists.  Squirming in my chair... biting my lower lip as an attempt to hold it together.  Peering above the Pastor's head as though I was looking at him... knowing if I did I would burst into tears.  That was my experience at church this past Sunday.  To my relief the Pastor spoke words of love, life and truth NOT condemnation.  Healing and refreshing.  It was the uninvited memories that ha

A New Chapter

It seems like yesterday... I can still remember the moment his bare skin pressed against my chest.  With limbs too exhausted to move - still they found their way to envelope this tiny gift.  "Hi baby, I'm your mom."  With the sound of my voice his face turned to meet mine.  Deep, genuine eyes peered into my soul.  Doctors rushed about as I lay on the table, life draining from my veins, but the atmosphere did not speak of the danger lurking.  For just a moment... as that little guy locked me into his gaze.. all was perfect...Heaven met us both... and in our own world two hearts melted into one.   The room was quiet.  Doctors, family and friends had finally left us alone.  This was the moment I had been waiting for.  Yet I was terrified - terrified that I would fail him.  In silence I sat, fixated on the clear plastic basket that held my heart.  My breath heaved heavy as I picked him up.  Snuggling him between my legs I began to unwind the unending twirl of fleece that

O Christmas Tree...O Christmas Tree Part II

Welcome back!   I hope y'all are having a blast preparing for Christmas.  It can be hard work to get everything done.  Exhausting in fact.  I'm sure you've earned some relaxation time.  So, grab something warm to drink, prop up your feet for a moment and enjoy some time for yourself.  I hope you'll be inspired by what I've done and be challenged to unleash your imagination too. Jessie's Christmas Tour Part II Guests are greeted by an antique sled adorned with boughs and an adorable coat that my sons wore as toddlers. In years past, I've decorated in an elegant fashion.  I love the grandeur and opulence.  However, this year I decided to go with a more down home natural look and I absolutely love it! A simple way to display Christmas cards.   My mother gave me this nativity a few years ago.  It was handed down from my great aunt.   I miss her SO much.  Pulling this out each year makes me feel as though she is still with me.  It also reminds