Skip to main content

Baby Come Out

"Please.  Oh, please come out baby...I just want to see you!"  This has been the resounding chorus of my sassy 7 year old.  With the last three babies coming early we all expected to welcome this little one weeks ago.  Day after day has rolled by and now I find myself 8 days overdue.  Never has this happened before.  The time has come...I'll be induced tonight...hopefully by this time tomorrow we will be holding a baby!!!




Let me just say, being 8 days overdue means everyone stares at me like I'm some kind of explosive devise ready to be detonated at any given moment! =) 

With the sweltering heat I am more than ready to meet this little one...yet there is a part of me that is treasuring every moment.  Being pregnant is one of the greatest miracles and I always miss it when it's over. 




As the days rolled by and the heat continued to rise doing much of anything had become more of a challenge.  Discouragement and feeling sorry for myself sure seemed appealing at times but where is the fun in that.  Nope.  I decided these last few days were a gift.  All the sleepless nights became wonderful memories of time spent alone with our baby.  Not something that is easy to come by in a house as full as ours.  We talked for hours...well...I talked she/he bounced.  Hmmmm   Maybe that's why she/he won't come out...I talk too much?!? =)  The days were filled spending time alone with each of our other children and thinking of all my summer blessings.  It has been exhausting but it has been wonderful!  Hope Y'all are enjoying summer as much as I am.




Just a few of my favorite things:

  1. Slamming of  the wooden screen door (Even if it is 45 times in 2 minutes)
  2. Rocking on the porch swing while reading a great book and sippin' a gallon of southern sweet tea
  3. The distinct sound of a proud hen who has just dropped yet another egg
  4. Cool nights spent gazing upon the starry sky
  5. The kids crazy laughter as they run through the sprinklers
  6. Watermelon on the rind
  7. Freshly squeezed lemonade
  8. Flea markets, garage sales and breezy car rides
  9. Dates with my honey
  10. Gardening
  11. Fresh juicy raspberries
  12. Moonlit walks with my man
  13. Key lime pie, Rhubarb pie, lemon pie, berry pie...REALLY...any pie
  14. Flip flops and sparkly toes
  15. Soap making with my sweetie
  16. Sweaty faces that beam with life and happiness
  17. Dancing Butterflies
  18. The aroma of freshly cut grass
  19. Hugs and kisses from sweaty kids
  20. Still nights with lots of time for me and God to talk
  21. lessons learned and learning on fear, trust, love and redemption
  22. A growing belly with a very bouncy baby
  23. I can still reach my feet =)
  24. AND did I mention pie...Yes, at this point it's all about the food!  LOL




By the way, last time I told you all that we were expecting a boy after being told it was for sure a girl.  Ha.  Well, this baby has a mind of it's own.  I ended up being rushed to the hospital after a nasty fall on Memorial Day and of course another ultrasound was done.  The doctor said: "We don't know if it's a boy or girl."  At that point what are you going to do but laugh.  Guess we are in for a surprise!

Until then...
Jessie 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Judgment Loomed

As I exited the door my heart was pierced with their animosity.  Hatred and poison spewed from their lips. The savage mob encircled me with no escape.  Screaming just a breath away from my face.  Shoving with such force I was almost knocked to the ground.  Humiliated.  Tears streamed down my cheeks as I pushed through the violence.  Once inside my car I began to weep.   Even in the present their vile words reel through my mind.  Beads of sweat began to form in my tightly clinched fists.  Squirming in my chair... biting my lower lip as an attempt to hold it together.  Peering above the Pastor's head as though I was looking at him... knowing if I did I would burst into tears.  That was my experience at church this past Sunday.  To my relief the Pastor spoke words of love, life and truth NOT condemnation.  Healing and refreshing. ...

Farewell Mr. Turkey

It's time to roll up our sleeves and have some fun in the kitchen!  I can't wait for the scrumptious aroma of Thanksgiving dinner to travel through my home like a welcomed guest.  Mmmmm...yummy!  My mouth is waterin' just thinkin' about it. I get a lot of requests for recipes so here are a few that seem to earn a coveted spot on the menu year after year. Gingered Pumpkin-Pear Soup (Great Appetizer) 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger 1Tbsp. butter 3 pears, peeled, cored, and sliced 1 15-oz. can pumpkin (fresh pumpkin is best) 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth 1 cup milk 1/4 cup sour cream 1/2 tsp. finely shredded lime peel 1 Tbsp. lime juice In a large saucepan cook onion and ginger in butter until onion is tender.  Stir in pears; cook 1 minute more.  Stir in pumpkin and broth; heat to boiling.  Reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 5 minutes or until pears are tender.  Cool slightly.  In...

A New Chapter

It seems like yesterday... I can still remember the moment his bare skin pressed against my chest.  With limbs too exhausted to move - still they found their way to envelope this tiny gift.  "Hi baby, I'm your mom."  With the sound of my voice his face turned to meet mine.  Deep, genuine eyes peered into my soul.  Doctors rushed about as I lay on the table, life draining from my veins, but the atmosphere did not speak of the danger lurking.  For just a moment... as that little guy locked me into his gaze.. all was perfect...Heaven met us both... and in our own world two hearts melted into one.   The room was quiet.  Doctors, family and friends had finally left us alone.  This was the moment I had been waiting for.  Yet I was terrified - terrified that I would fail him.  In silence I sat, fixated on the clear plastic basket that held my heart.  My breath heaved heavy as I pic...