Skip to main content

Light Breaks Through

In the eye of a storm, we sit, curled beside the twinkling of the Christmas tree.  Caressing her threads of scarlet...outlining each petite curve of that face in hopes of carving it into my memory...my finger sweeps over her silky smooth complexion as I watch her sleep. She looks like a porcelain doll cradled against my chest.  Her breath stills my heart while gratefulness leaks quietly down.  I hoped for this one. Begged for this one, long before she was ever conceived.  I know I don't deserve her - or any of the seven.  Yet right in the middle of fragmented hearts, tattered dreams, weariness, lost loved ones,  messy families, terrorism, shootings, a world gone mad. In the midst of it all is the face of a babe.

Hope.

Darkness visits us all.  It attempts to steal our joy, snuff out what God has planned but light always overcomes.

I remember the nights spent at my uncles ranch.  Over four hundred acres in the middle of absolutely nowhere.  In the midnight hour blackness surrounds.  Unable to even see the hand in front of my face the darkness felt heavy and suffocating.  Until I stepped outside...looked up... and stood in awe at the brilliance above.  Never in the city do you see such a sight.  Too many distractions. Yet in the chill of the mountain night with nothing else to cling to the light shines in all it's magnificence.

In our darkest moments, if we look up we too can see it.

THE light.

That's when He shines brighter than ever before.  What Satan uses to suffocate - God uses to show  his unending love.

So if your clocked in heaviness and the darkness seems too much today - Look up and see.

Hope.

Until then...
Jessie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Judgment Loomed

As I exited the door my heart was pierced with their animosity.  Hatred and poison spewed from their lips. The savage mob encircled me with no escape.  Screaming just a breath away from my face.  Shoving with such force I was almost knocked to the ground.  Humiliated.  Tears streamed down my cheeks as I pushed through the violence.  Once inside my car I began to weep.   Even in the present their vile words reel through my mind.  Beads of sweat began to form in my tightly clinched fists.  Squirming in my chair... biting my lower lip as an attempt to hold it together.  Peering above the Pastor's head as though I was looking at him... knowing if I did I would burst into tears.  That was my experience at church this past Sunday.  To my relief the Pastor spoke words of love, life and truth NOT condemnation.  Healing and refreshing. ...

Farewell Mr. Turkey

It's time to roll up our sleeves and have some fun in the kitchen!  I can't wait for the scrumptious aroma of Thanksgiving dinner to travel through my home like a welcomed guest.  Mmmmm...yummy!  My mouth is waterin' just thinkin' about it. I get a lot of requests for recipes so here are a few that seem to earn a coveted spot on the menu year after year. Gingered Pumpkin-Pear Soup (Great Appetizer) 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger 1Tbsp. butter 3 pears, peeled, cored, and sliced 1 15-oz. can pumpkin (fresh pumpkin is best) 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth 1 cup milk 1/4 cup sour cream 1/2 tsp. finely shredded lime peel 1 Tbsp. lime juice In a large saucepan cook onion and ginger in butter until onion is tender.  Stir in pears; cook 1 minute more.  Stir in pumpkin and broth; heat to boiling.  Reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 5 minutes or until pears are tender.  Cool slightly.  In...

A New Chapter

It seems like yesterday... I can still remember the moment his bare skin pressed against my chest.  With limbs too exhausted to move - still they found their way to envelope this tiny gift.  "Hi baby, I'm your mom."  With the sound of my voice his face turned to meet mine.  Deep, genuine eyes peered into my soul.  Doctors rushed about as I lay on the table, life draining from my veins, but the atmosphere did not speak of the danger lurking.  For just a moment... as that little guy locked me into his gaze.. all was perfect...Heaven met us both... and in our own world two hearts melted into one.   The room was quiet.  Doctors, family and friends had finally left us alone.  This was the moment I had been waiting for.  Yet I was terrified - terrified that I would fail him.  In silence I sat, fixated on the clear plastic basket that held my heart.  My breath heaved heavy as I pic...