Skip to main content

O Christmas Tree...O Christmas Tree Part II

Welcome back!  I hope y'all are having a blast preparing for Christmas.  It can be hard work to get everything done.  Exhausting in fact.  I'm sure you've earned some relaxation time.  So, grab something warm to drink, prop up your feet for a moment and enjoy some time for yourself.  I hope you'll be inspired by what I've done and be challenged to unleash your imagination too.


Jessie's Christmas Tour Part II

Guests are greeted by an antique sled adorned with boughs and an adorable coat that my sons wore as toddlers.



In years past, I've decorated in an elegant fashion.  I love the grandeur and opulence.  However, this year I decided to go with a more down home natural look and I absolutely love it!




A simple way to display Christmas cards.





 



My mother gave me this nativity a few years ago.  It was handed down from my great aunt.   I miss her SO much.  Pulling this out each year makes me feel as though she is still with me.  It also reminds me of my precious mama.  How grateful I am to have her!


 


I love the ballet!  Years ago my hubby surprised me with tickets to the Nutcracker.  We had a blast!  Not sure when it all began but sometime after that we decided to collect nutcrackers. 



 My husband tends to be drawn...well...what can I say... to the not so traditional ones.  See the freaky skeleton in the back?  I'm thinking he needs a Santa hat!  Maybe.  Not sure.  That may be more creepy!  Yikes.  Gotta love my man for keeping things interesting.  LoL



The pictures above the nutcrackers made the display feel very busy.  My solution was to  pull out my crafty burlap.  Cut it to size.  Glued on letters cut from an old flannel shirt (that I picked up at the thrift store) and in minutes I had Christmas art.



 My kitchen has always been decorated with gingerbread men.  I just love them! 
SO ADORABLE!!!


 My kitchen hutch has a mirrored back.  Great.  Unless you're trying to take pictures for your blog. =)  So, out of pure necessity the creative idea to cover the mirrored back in sheet music came about (sometimes desperation is a designers best friend). 


 Notice any similarities with these frames?  Yep, the burlap queen strikes again.


I fell in love with miniatures as a child, and the thrill has never gone away.  Setting up my Christmas village hits the top of my fun list.



That's all for now.  I hope you enjoyed a peek at my home and got a few fun ideas for your holiday   decorating.  Don't worry about what you don't have.  Be creative...think outside the box...re-purpose items to change things up a bit from last year.  Don't forget the outdoors.  It's unending with decorating materials that are free and beautiful!  Remember, it's not about how perfect or expensive your decor is...it's about taking time to cozy up your den and make your loved ones feel welcomed and special.  Have fun!  Make it you, and it will be perfect!

Until then... 
Jessie

Comments

  1. I enjoyed this! You are SO creative and so good at decorating. I remember seeing your home for the first time and being truly impressed. And I really like your HOPE idea with the flannel shirt cut-outs! I cannot wait to see you Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic pictures! Love them! Hope your day is blessed very much! May Jesus' love be unquenchable to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I love hearing from you and your comments are SO sweet and encouraging! Jessica, I hope you have a wonderful week and a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! Erika I am SOOOOO excited about Tuesday. See you soon. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful.. Love you and miss you and your family! Lynette

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Judgment Loomed

As I exited the door my heart was pierced with their animosity.  Hatred and poison spewed from their lips. The savage mob encircled me with no escape.  Screaming just a breath away from my face.  Shoving with such force I was almost knocked to the ground.  Humiliated.  Tears streamed down my cheeks as I pushed through the violence.  Once inside my car I began to weep.   Even in the present their vile words reel through my mind.  Beads of sweat began to form in my tightly clinched fists.  Squirming in my chair... biting my lower lip as an attempt to hold it together.  Peering above the Pastor's head as though I was looking at him... knowing if I did I would burst into tears.  That was my experience at church this past Sunday.  To my relief the Pastor spoke words of love, life and truth NOT condemnation.  Healing and refreshing. ...

Farewell Mr. Turkey

It's time to roll up our sleeves and have some fun in the kitchen!  I can't wait for the scrumptious aroma of Thanksgiving dinner to travel through my home like a welcomed guest.  Mmmmm...yummy!  My mouth is waterin' just thinkin' about it. I get a lot of requests for recipes so here are a few that seem to earn a coveted spot on the menu year after year. Gingered Pumpkin-Pear Soup (Great Appetizer) 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger 1Tbsp. butter 3 pears, peeled, cored, and sliced 1 15-oz. can pumpkin (fresh pumpkin is best) 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth 1 cup milk 1/4 cup sour cream 1/2 tsp. finely shredded lime peel 1 Tbsp. lime juice In a large saucepan cook onion and ginger in butter until onion is tender.  Stir in pears; cook 1 minute more.  Stir in pumpkin and broth; heat to boiling.  Reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 5 minutes or until pears are tender.  Cool slightly.  In...

Surprise...Surprise

Wow.  It has been a  VERY  exciting morning!!!  A huge smile spread across my face as I cracked open the barn door and three new babies peeked out to greet me.  Triplets.  Soooo sweet!!  Oh.. baby goats have just stolen my heart... everything about them is pure cuteness.  My stress level has decreased tremendously now that they're all here safely, and Sally is doing great.  We now have 5 babies (4 girls and 1 boy) and two very proud mamas!  Well...three if you count me...  Sally and her kids  Oreo Emma Fudge    Unfortunately, I couldn't spend much time playing with our new additions.  We had an appointment with the  vet so we piled in the car and headed off.  The first round of baby goats needed to be dibudded (have their horns removed) and have the first round of vaccines.  Our trip was not a pleasant experience for me or my poor little goats.  Although t...