Skip to main content

Mom Catch It!!!

Hi y'all! I hope your day has been blessed so far! After a few VERY busy weeks, I had planned for today to be a day of rest. Well, sometimes plans change. First thing this morning Aaron was off to the dentist for an abscessed tooth. Ouch! Poor thing. I feel so bad for him. After 24 hours on antibiotics we'll be headed back to have the tooth extracted. Please keep him in your prayers as he is not feeling well.

Only noon and it had already been a hectic day. I had just a bit of time left to shower and show up to yet another appointment. Wouldn't you know it, just as soon as my foot hit the shower floor I heard Jonah screaming. Never a good sign. Quickly I threw on some clothes and ran to see what was going on. I was just in time to catch a baby goat! Oh. My. Goodness. A few seconds later...here comes another. I was now covered from my neck down in goat slime. Yuk! But to be honest, I didn't mind. My heart had a big smile and  I was totally in love with these sweet little babies. They are cute as can be!!! New life is amazing and always filled with such hope. Mama is doin' well...so am I. And yes, I finally had my shower. LOL What an awesome day!

Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think we should name them. We have one boy and one girl so far. The other mama is due any day now!






Until then...
Jessie

Comments

  1. Jake thinks you should name one Fred for the boy and Jarod suggested Jessie for the girl. They're so cute, can't wait to meet them. I think Ebony is a nice name for either. Jenna thinks Dark Chocolate is always a good name but Cole was antoher one of her suggestions. =) Congrats on the new additions to the Lutz farm! Sorry to hear about Aaron, hope he's feeling better real soon. Hugs to all! ~Jen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Judgment Loomed

As I exited the door my heart was pierced with their animosity.  Hatred and poison spewed from their lips. The savage mob encircled me with no escape.  Screaming just a breath away from my face.  Shoving with such force I was almost knocked to the ground.  Humiliated.  Tears streamed down my cheeks as I pushed through the violence.  Once inside my car I began to weep.   Even in the present their vile words reel through my mind.  Beads of sweat began to form in my tightly clinched fists.  Squirming in my chair... biting my lower lip as an attempt to hold it together.  Peering above the Pastor's head as though I was looking at him... knowing if I did I would burst into tears.  That was my experience at church this past Sunday.  To my relief the Pastor spoke words of love, life and truth NOT condemnation.  Healing and refreshing. ...

Farewell Mr. Turkey

It's time to roll up our sleeves and have some fun in the kitchen!  I can't wait for the scrumptious aroma of Thanksgiving dinner to travel through my home like a welcomed guest.  Mmmmm...yummy!  My mouth is waterin' just thinkin' about it. I get a lot of requests for recipes so here are a few that seem to earn a coveted spot on the menu year after year. Gingered Pumpkin-Pear Soup (Great Appetizer) 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger 1Tbsp. butter 3 pears, peeled, cored, and sliced 1 15-oz. can pumpkin (fresh pumpkin is best) 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth 1 cup milk 1/4 cup sour cream 1/2 tsp. finely shredded lime peel 1 Tbsp. lime juice In a large saucepan cook onion and ginger in butter until onion is tender.  Stir in pears; cook 1 minute more.  Stir in pumpkin and broth; heat to boiling.  Reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 5 minutes or until pears are tender.  Cool slightly.  In...

A New Chapter

It seems like yesterday... I can still remember the moment his bare skin pressed against my chest.  With limbs too exhausted to move - still they found their way to envelope this tiny gift.  "Hi baby, I'm your mom."  With the sound of my voice his face turned to meet mine.  Deep, genuine eyes peered into my soul.  Doctors rushed about as I lay on the table, life draining from my veins, but the atmosphere did not speak of the danger lurking.  For just a moment... as that little guy locked me into his gaze.. all was perfect...Heaven met us both... and in our own world two hearts melted into one.   The room was quiet.  Doctors, family and friends had finally left us alone.  This was the moment I had been waiting for.  Yet I was terrified - terrified that I would fail him.  In silence I sat, fixated on the clear plastic basket that held my heart.  My breath heaved heavy as I pic...