Skip to main content

You Did What?!?

Sometimes the only thing you can do is laugh...

Yesterday had been a busy day, and I had forgotten all about dinner until late afternoon.  Simple and quick was what I needed...homemade pizza!  You can't get any easier.  We quickly threw together the dough and whipped together a roasted tomato sauce that is to die for.  A few hours later, the house smelled like the Italian countryside.  Everything was going as planned and dinner was going to be awesome!  Pretending I was an authentic Italian chef I hand tossed my soft, cool, dough to perfection...lathered on the delicious sauce with a few artichokes, fresh spinach leaves and onions.  All that was left was to grace the top with a generous mound of cheese.  Yum.  My taste buds were oh.. so.. happy.  I was already salivating.  

 Trying to do well at time management I headed to another room to finish something up, asking two of my children (who shall remain nameless) to spread on a thick layer of cheese and pop those babies in the oven.  One hour later the pizzas were golden brown and looking fantastic, except the cheese had not melted on two of them.  Hmmmm.  I Popped them back in for another 5 minutes...still not melted.  OK?  Lets just eat.  My husband and I took one bite...looked at each other with a puzzled face..."What was THAT!"  We both exclaimed at the same time.  Just then my children ran into the kitchen half laughing, sheepishly admitting to the fact that they had put hash browns on the pizza thinking it was cheese (I buy everything in bulk and split it up into appropriate portions.  Apparently they didn't look closely at the bag).  Really!  Honestly.  One of those moments.  Dinner was NASTY.  But - we laughed so hard we almost cried.  Potato crusted pizza was a blessing!  It's amazing how laughter can uplift ones spirit. 

Like I said yesterday - with life we never know what we are going to get.  It can be hard.  Things happen that can't be changed.  Things beyond our control.  Instead of getting upset and loosing your peace...lighten up.. sometimes life just calls for a good laugh.

Note to self:  Supervise ALL activity my children do in the kitchen from now on.

Until then...
Jessie

Comments

  1. YUCKERS!!! Grandma wants to know HOW that could happen? LOL Didn't it smell like potatoes when it was baking?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Judgment Loomed

As I exited the door my heart was pierced with their animosity.  Hatred and poison spewed from their lips. The savage mob encircled me with no escape.  Screaming just a breath away from my face.  Shoving with such force I was almost knocked to the ground.  Humiliated.  Tears streamed down my cheeks as I pushed through the violence.  Once inside my car I began to weep.   Even in the present their vile words reel through my mind.  Beads of sweat began to form in my tightly clinched fists.  Squirming in my chair... biting my lower lip as an attempt to hold it together.  Peering above the Pastor's head as though I was looking at him... knowing if I did I would burst into tears.  That was my experience at church this past Sunday.  To my relief the Pastor spoke words of love, life and truth NOT condemnation.  Healing and refreshing. ...

Farewell Mr. Turkey

It's time to roll up our sleeves and have some fun in the kitchen!  I can't wait for the scrumptious aroma of Thanksgiving dinner to travel through my home like a welcomed guest.  Mmmmm...yummy!  My mouth is waterin' just thinkin' about it. I get a lot of requests for recipes so here are a few that seem to earn a coveted spot on the menu year after year. Gingered Pumpkin-Pear Soup (Great Appetizer) 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger 1Tbsp. butter 3 pears, peeled, cored, and sliced 1 15-oz. can pumpkin (fresh pumpkin is best) 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth 1 cup milk 1/4 cup sour cream 1/2 tsp. finely shredded lime peel 1 Tbsp. lime juice In a large saucepan cook onion and ginger in butter until onion is tender.  Stir in pears; cook 1 minute more.  Stir in pumpkin and broth; heat to boiling.  Reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 5 minutes or until pears are tender.  Cool slightly.  In...

A New Chapter

It seems like yesterday... I can still remember the moment his bare skin pressed against my chest.  With limbs too exhausted to move - still they found their way to envelope this tiny gift.  "Hi baby, I'm your mom."  With the sound of my voice his face turned to meet mine.  Deep, genuine eyes peered into my soul.  Doctors rushed about as I lay on the table, life draining from my veins, but the atmosphere did not speak of the danger lurking.  For just a moment... as that little guy locked me into his gaze.. all was perfect...Heaven met us both... and in our own world two hearts melted into one.   The room was quiet.  Doctors, family and friends had finally left us alone.  This was the moment I had been waiting for.  Yet I was terrified - terrified that I would fail him.  In silence I sat, fixated on the clear plastic basket that held my heart.  My breath heaved heavy as I pic...