Skip to main content

Day 1

Today I start my juice fast.  I'm excited!!!  I've done this twice before for a short period of time (7-10 days).  This time I'm hoping to make it to at least 20, especially since I've now announced it to the world.  My true goal is 30 days but I'm not sure I'll last that long. =)

There are tons of benefits to juicing, and fasting this way is a great detox as well as immune booster.  After becoming very ill a few years ago, I've learned to listen to my body and take it seriously when things don't feel right.  These past few months have been very busy 'round our home...in great ways...but still busy.  I haven't been eating like I should, and I'm feeling kinda drained so it's time to get my health back on track.

I won't be posting about it everyday but I will keep you posted on my progress, struggles, weight loss and recipes.  If any of you out there have done this before I would love to hear about your experiences.  Also, if you have any yummy recipes to share that would make my day! 

Until then...
Jessie 

Comments

  1. Good luck! I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go to www.hacres.com. Click on their 60 day health challenge. I did two years ago. Blood lipid #'s were fantastic at the end of 60 days. Cholesterol down 50 points, triglycerides down 50 points, hdl up 20, ldl down 20. It was fantastic. I too juice often. Plus green smoothees are fantastic. Love them. Have one every day for lunch. Barb Meyer

      Delete
  2. Good luck www.flag-works.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Judgment Loomed

As I exited the door my heart was pierced with their animosity.  Hatred and poison spewed from their lips. The savage mob encircled me with no escape.  Screaming just a breath away from my face.  Shoving with such force I was almost knocked to the ground.  Humiliated.  Tears streamed down my cheeks as I pushed through the violence.  Once inside my car I began to weep.   Even in the present their vile words reel through my mind.  Beads of sweat began to form in my tightly clinched fists.  Squirming in my chair... biting my lower lip as an attempt to hold it together.  Peering above the Pastor's head as though I was looking at him... knowing if I did I would burst into tears.  That was my experience at church this past Sunday.  To my relief the Pastor spoke words of love, life and truth NOT condemnation.  Healing and refreshing. ...

Farewell Mr. Turkey

It's time to roll up our sleeves and have some fun in the kitchen!  I can't wait for the scrumptious aroma of Thanksgiving dinner to travel through my home like a welcomed guest.  Mmmmm...yummy!  My mouth is waterin' just thinkin' about it. I get a lot of requests for recipes so here are a few that seem to earn a coveted spot on the menu year after year. Gingered Pumpkin-Pear Soup (Great Appetizer) 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger 1Tbsp. butter 3 pears, peeled, cored, and sliced 1 15-oz. can pumpkin (fresh pumpkin is best) 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth 1 cup milk 1/4 cup sour cream 1/2 tsp. finely shredded lime peel 1 Tbsp. lime juice In a large saucepan cook onion and ginger in butter until onion is tender.  Stir in pears; cook 1 minute more.  Stir in pumpkin and broth; heat to boiling.  Reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 5 minutes or until pears are tender.  Cool slightly.  In...

Surprise...Surprise

Wow.  It has been a  VERY  exciting morning!!!  A huge smile spread across my face as I cracked open the barn door and three new babies peeked out to greet me.  Triplets.  Soooo sweet!!  Oh.. baby goats have just stolen my heart... everything about them is pure cuteness.  My stress level has decreased tremendously now that they're all here safely, and Sally is doing great.  We now have 5 babies (4 girls and 1 boy) and two very proud mamas!  Well...three if you count me...  Sally and her kids  Oreo Emma Fudge    Unfortunately, I couldn't spend much time playing with our new additions.  We had an appointment with the  vet so we piled in the car and headed off.  The first round of baby goats needed to be dibudded (have their horns removed) and have the first round of vaccines.  Our trip was not a pleasant experience for me or my poor little goats.  Although t...